Mexico Missions with Pastor Juan Mauricio
The 2013 Mexico Mission Trip is scheduled to launch March 8th. Between now and then we will collect underwear to give to Pastor Juan for his mission in Piedras Negras, Mexico. Youth and small women's sizes encourage most but any size needed. Items can be left at the designated bin at the Drop-Off Spot north of the Atonement nursery.
The most recent group spent several days in late February serving those on the border. Team member, Peggy Sloyer, reported the following:
- Home deliveries to 6 families with a month's supply of blessings from God. (food, clothing, other items)
- Community dinner served about 130 people.
- Clothing, food, school supplies, toys, blankets, bibles to about 40 families.
- Additional items provided to students at the bible college in Piedras Negras.
- Blood pressure checks and medical information provided to over 100 individuals.
- Stocked the first aid cabinet at the Casa.
- Health supplements provided to 3 families.
- Offerings provided to Mano Amiga for the purchase of propane allowing families to cook in their homes, for the chicken program, and for the purchase of cement for a floor to be finished providing Sunday school space at Pastor Isaac's church.
Opportunities to serve this ministry include collections of supplies, donations to mission trips and serving as a missionary when trips are scheduled. Mission teams focus on construction projects such as roofs and homes as well as distribution of food and clothing.
For more information on how Atonement serves those across the border, contact Peggy Sloyer at email@example.com.
2013 Mexico Mission Trip
In late February a team of 8 took two vehicles packed to the brim with goodies to distribute on the border. See below and follow their journey!